Sunday 7 November 2010

Birthday Tea Party

Yesterday morning was spent frantically baking in my kitchen and whipping up all manner of cakes ready for my Birthday tea party! A few hours before my guests arrived I wondered if I would possibly manage to  produce cakes, tidy the house and make myself presentable in time....or indeed, even one of the three...! Thanks to the well-timed arrival of a good friend and some emergency baking by my mum, we managed a red velvet cake, peanut butter blondies, cupcakes, chocolate cake and iced biscuits.  PHEW! A work colleague then bought over some trays filled with a 135 year old tea set (forgot to get piccies of this) so we then spent the next 7 hours eating cake, drinking tea from the sweetest doll-house-tea-party-esque china and chattering away with good friends.  Ahhhhh, bliss!

What do you think of our efforts?
Mmmmmm cupcakes (my mum's)........
Here is Mr red velvet cake.................slightly very messy but delicious all the same (at the point of adding the frosting our baking time had run out and the guests had started to arrive!)

Chocolate cake......
Next I give you the peanut blllllooooondies....
A deli-bought exotic fruit cake.

Last up, our tastefully iced biscuits.

Mmmmm, do you feel hungry yet?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz

    What a fabulous tea party with scrumptious cakes and goodies!!

    Good luck with your new blog which has obviously got off to a really yummy start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes were so tasty. It was a great afternoon tea. You put a lot of hardwork into the tea party.

    ReplyDelete