Saturday 1 January 2011

Oh my! Hello 2011

Oh my, It's 2011! Where did that year go? Moreover, where did that decade go?


Well, I for one am very excited about the New Year.  I love that it gives a new start and a time for resolutions (that inevitably I will not achieve..but that's beside the point!)

RESOLUTIONS
  1. Spend less time dreaming and more time making!
  2. Read more books.
  3. Crochet more and finish that ripple blanket, it is going to be H U G E but at the moment it is STILL more like a scarf.
  4. Make jam using my fab jam making kit that is still sitting there unused in my cupboard.
  5. Try out one new recipe a week.
  6. Make cake pops! They look so cute.
  7. Grow peas successfully on the allotment.  Other crops grow so well but I haven't managed to produce a good crop of peas yet.
  8. A very predictable resolution at number 8 - join the gym.....and actually go.  I've joined gyms before: in 2008, 2009 and 2010.  I'm a serial gym-joiner but not a gym-goer. This year I WILL go and I WILL get fit and healthy, if only so that I can bake and eat more cake.  Surely that's motivation enough, right? Hmmmm.  Watch this space.
  9. Make handmade gifts to make friends smile.
  10. Learn how to Lindy Hop.

HOPES AND DREAMS

Our flat has been up for sale for 6 months now so my BIG hope is that 2011 might see us move into a larger house with our own garden so that *SQUEAL OF EXCITEMENT* I can own some chickens! Fingers crossed for this one.

Happy New Year! May your year be full of laughter, cake and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too. Let us know how you get on with your resolutions.... a great list. I would be interested in the first on your list as I need help with this.

    ReplyDelete