Monday 15 August 2011

L is for...

Lindy Hop!
Ouch! My legs were like jelly.  I booked my Hubbie and I on a 'learn to lindy hop in a day' course a while ago and last Saturday was The Day! I was so excited as it was one of my new year resolutions and  I was amazed that I managed to convince Mr C to come! I love swing music and the whole day was so much fun from start to finish (5 hours of dancing - woah!).

We started the day with 6 beat lindy hop, followed by 8 beat lindy hop and then the Charleston to finish the day.  Both Mr C and I loved dancing the Charleston best, although our attempt to recreate the dance at home in front of family was 'interesting!' and not entirely representative of the fabulous teaching! There was alot of 'your foot should be here' and 'you moved too early' in our front room performance.

I'm definitely going to try to go to more lessons as it's a great style of dance. If you fancy learning then you can find information here. Maybe this workshop should come with a health warning as, a whole week later, my feet are STILL dancing all by themselves; it's seriously addictive.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time and my feet are longing to dance the Lindy Hop.

    ReplyDelete