Friday 19 August 2011

Sew Happy!

Do you remember your first glimpse of my quilt the other day? Well just in case you have forgotten here is another sneak peak.
Ohhh aren't the colours scrummy together?
I loved seeing it go through the sewing machine, hearing the machine whizzing away and feeling the cotton in my hands.  When I looked up I had to smile at the delightful bundle that had been created.
My craft wingman/partner in crime, also known as 'Mum!', came over today for some girlie sewing and chat and what a lovely day we had! Of course, we could not be expected to work without a tea break and so we enjoyed a fine brew accompanied by freshly baked-still hot from the oven-gooey in the middle-biscuits. Delish!
Refreshed from our break we got right back on it, fired up the machine and upped the pace. If you'd have blinked you'd have missed it...well maybe not quite, but close.
So.....would you like to see what it looks like now?


Whoo!! It's not quite finished and ready for its final reveal yet but it's pretty close.
 I just can't believe that  I   M-A-D-E   T-H-I-S! (With some top tips from Mum!). I'm sew happy!

3 comments:

  1. The colours of this quilt are fabulous. Cannot wait to see the finished quilt .Like your heart shaped plate with the yummy looking biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I'm amazed by your fabulous quilt and it is ENORMOUS. Well done - such a lot of work and perfectly executed I have to say!

    You have been packing so much into your holiday - hope you enjoyed all those interesting little shops in whitstable on your visit.

    Love Jayne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big it is already too! Whitstable is so lovely, I can't wait to go again. The clothes shops are fab!

    ReplyDelete